Gaijin Gunpla

If you have been following my progress on the F91 from the beginning (It’s okay. You can admit that you haven’t. No one will know.) you may remember that I wrote earlier about my problems with the head. You can read about it here

Well, tonight I may have conquered!
This piece is what caused me all the problems. The two circles on either side are supposed to be yellow, but I didn’t know this when I assembled and glued the head together.

I sawed through the seam I glued on the back of the head to disassemble it and take that piece back out.
I tried masking everything and painting those two circles yellow, but the paint didn’t stick. So I primed it and painted it yellow, but again the paint didn’t take. So I sprayed it all black.

Then I came up with a plan.

The first step was to paint the front half of the head.

“But what about the yellow”, you ask? Well, I thought I would do it one better.Picked myself up some ‘vulcans’. There are twenty of these suckers in the bag. This should last me through several 1/100 MG kits. But they were too long, so I had to get to trimming and filing.
Once they were the right length I had to do some modifications to some head pieces. First I had to remove the plastic that would be in the way of my shiny, new, metal vulcans. Then I took my black gundam marker to make it black again.
I also blackened the inside of the head.

Then assembled the head and painstakingly glued in the vulcans.
Sweeeeet! Now I have to reglue the seam at the back and work on removing it before painting. That’s for next time.

Categories: Builds, F91, MG

2 Responses so far.

  1. 5thLuna says:

    hello there,
    i came across from FFF.
    i love F91 so much. cant wait your complete!

  2. Gaijin Gunpla says:

    Hi there,

    Thank you for your comment! I hope I can put together an F91 that you will like. I am nearing the end doing panel lining and soon will be applying decals. My goal is to finish by Wednesday.

Leave a Reply to 5thLuna