Last night I had to pause and consider what I would be working on.  The Real Grade is built but needs panel lining and decals, the Delta Plus is there but I don’t have decals for it yet, the Sword Impulse is underway… I realized that with my holiday coming up on October 2nd I should try to get one project completed fully before I leave.  So I grabbed the Full Armor’s armor and the camo masking and got to work.

First thing I did was to lay out the armor by section.

Then applied the first piece of dot matrix masking tape.

Then continued at it for the next hour and half until all pieces were finished to my satisfaction.

After which the HIQ matrix masking sheet looked like this.

I used pretty much all the medium size pieces but still have the large and small pieces at my disposal for future projects. muawhahaha.

And then, for fun, I slapped the armor back on Mr. Full Armor.

Now all that’s left to do is paint. However, today is the first day of autumn here in Japan which means we have a monsoon going on outside. That’s right. Yesterday it was 30 degrees and today it is 20.

Blah!

Categories: Builds, Full Armor Gundam, MG

1. Dan says:

I’m sure having that camo masking type made things a lot less tedious. I also noticed some battle damage has been done on the armor, looking good. Anticipating the finished paint job.

2. Busterbeam says:

thunder was insane today. id like to see a tutorial post of how those digital cam things work.

3. darth.mingus says:

Why is he giving us all the finger?

4. Dan says:

Haha, I just noticed it too. He’s totally flipping the bird in the last picture.

Apparently one of the downsides to the finger modification is that it allows your gundam to give you the bird if he wishes.

5. Sonar says:

It’s all coming together now. This thing is going to look well wicked. Buster: Camo masking as I understand it should begin with a coat of the lightest colour, followed by a negative mask and the light to medium colour, then one to two positive masks and the medium to dark, and darkest colour respectively. I read a great tutorial on digital camo masking for an airsoft gun one time, damned if I saved the link though, but it’s a good place to look if you want to know more. Scratch that it was a youtube vid – check it out. H&K MP5 has to be my all time fave assault weapon.

6. Dill-n says:

How did you make the masking sheet?

7. Dill-n says:

Thanks, I read someone else comment hinting to that effect. I was thinking about doing a similar paint job on a Cherdim model so when I came across this it was quite helpful. Can’t wait to see it finished.

I think I’ve seen a digit camo Cherudim somewhere but can’t remember where. I think if done correctly, digital camo can be used on just about anything.

8. Carlos_ says:

Hi, so when you put on the tape, is that it? Or do you have to spray paint over it and then remove the tape? I really want the digital camo for my MG Nemo but dont want it to just be stickers you just add-on. I’d rather have it look like the camo was painted on rather that a sticker add-on. Is that possible with these stickers?

Hi Carlos,

I paint my first coat (the lighter color), then apply the digital masking tape, then spray the darker color. After that, I remove the tape and the painting is finished and I just put on the topcoat.